2011年2月22日

New AC Adapter Problem

It's a bit of a long story, so please bear with me. The details, the better, right? I hope. Anyway, the laptop I've been using is an HP Compaq Presario C500. For the dinosaur, but hey, if it works, I'm game. After a few years the power cord / ac adapter for gateway was giving me trouble. Despite being connected to the laptop, not charge. Slightly twisted wire near where it connects to the laptop, and hey! Power! The only problem is, as the passage of time, the torque had to be more and more "extreme." After a while, ended up twisting and turning the exposure of some cables. But, still worked, so stubbornly maintained their use. A few weeks ago had an effect torsion on the cable end. It started crackling and causing a bit liiiitle. Finally, the laptop would not be able to turn on when plugged in I would be able to turn on when unplugged, but the moment you connect again, be closed immediately. I poked a little more stubbornly then once he comes to light no matter what I did. I ordered a new power cord / AC adapter that came today. I logged on and voila! Laptop restarts! I was very excited because men do not like the laptop, so old and stubborn as it is sometimes. But I realized something. Although it was connected, and said it was charging, the battery life was falling and falling fast. I was afraid that the laptop turns off once they hit zero, but stayed. Good and fresh. I'll worry about that right away. About an hour to enjoy the life of my laptop suddenly shuts down.
I can get it to activate it again, but only stays there for a few seconds, maybe a minute at most. Removing the battery does not have any effect. In fact, the laptop refuses to turn on when it is deleted although the ac adapter for dell laptop is plugged in the lights flash very quickly when I try this.